Acne at 50? Really?
Are you 30, 40, 50 years old and wondering why on earth you are dealing with acne NOW? Isn’t acne an issue that only the youth in our society must contend with? The truth is… No.
Acne can be an issue at any age and can be caused by the pores in your skin becoming blocked by natural oils, dead skin cells, and normal dirt and debris. When our pores become blocked, a blemish or “pimple” is likely to result. When this issue repeats over and over, the result is acne.
Acne can be painful, and stressful, and as we all know emotionally distressing. In fact, for those whom have dealt with acne for many years, the condition and the resulting scars, can constitute real life altering trauma.
So, what can we do now to reduce the incidence of acne, and the scars we may have from past episodes?
The first step is taking care with your skin at home. This can include:
- Cleaning your skin daily with a high-quality cleanser to remove excess oil, dirt and debris
- Keeping your hair clean and oil free and out of your face
- Using only high-quality makeup that will not clog your pores
The next step can be to seek help from skin care professionals.
- If you are unsure if what you are dealing with is acne, see a Dr. and have it properly diagnosed
- If you are aware of your skin care concern already, seek a medical beauty professional, specializing in skin care, for suggestions on what services might best serve your needs.
One medical beauty treatment that is widely recognized and lauded for its treatment of both acne and the resulting scars is HydraFacial. This specialized technique removes acne causing and clog poring debris, while also reducing discoloration and scarring, and uber-hydrating the skin.
The HydraFacial treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
In fact, many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment.
At BlossomMD, it is our belief that beautiful skin instills a deep confidence that amplifies inner beauty. It is our mission to reveal the best skin of your life. Give us a call, let’s discuss your skin care needs!