Laser Genesis Treatment
Conveniently located to serve San Ramon, Pleasanton, and Walnut Creek
What is Laser Genesis and how does it work?
Laser Genesis: this heat-based laser treatment uses the body’s natural processes to stimulate collagen growth to heal and repair signs of aging and sun damage anywhere on the body. This nonablative laser uses micropulse technology, firing short bursts of energy so quickly that it doesn’t damage the skin’s surface.
Laser Genesis uses near-infrared technology with a wavelength of 1064m. By heating the dermal layer gently with NIR energy, our laser specialists at BlossomMD can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reverse sun damage, minimize oil production, shrink pores, and improve your overall tone and texture. Clients who have rosacea can even reduce redness. Laser Genesis is a gentle treatment, and quick, with far more beneficial results than a simple facial.
What does Laser Genesis treat?
- fine lines and wrinkles
- uneven texture
- redness, including rosacea or melasma
- large pores
- active acne and light acne scars
- uneven skin tone
Laser Genesis Treatment FAQ
What can I expect on the day of the procedure?
The first appointment can take a little longer. But the whole process typically ranges from 25 min to 45 min.
How it works: Laser Genesis is a form of a non-ablative Nd:YAG laser to heat the dermis directly beneath the skin. By heating the dermis, laser genesis plumps the skin and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the creation of collagen.Blood vessels may constrict due to the laser’s heat, reducing redness and rosacea. Scarring and acne can also be treated with it. All skin types and levels can be treated with Laser Genesis. No topical numbing is required.
Is it painful?
Unlike many laser treatments, Laser Genesis is incredibly soothing. Clients tell us it feels like a calming facial, where they can relax and de-stress. It’s a fantastic lunchtime procedure. And there is no downtime. The handheld device is moved across your skin as the dermis is gently heated. All you feel is warmth while your tissues are exposed to the NIR energy.
How many treatments will I need?
For more dramatic results, many clients require several treatments. We generally recommend 4-6 treatments scheduled 2 weeks apart, in order to achieve best results. Many clients will come in regularly to maintain results and for antiaging.
- Make sure to book for good faith exam with us. -Please discuss with the physician and/or nurse any medications you are currently taking as well as any health concerns you may have prior to your treatment.
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved.
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks prior to treatment. This includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, retinoids, etc.)
- Notify the clinic of any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
- Discontinue Accutane for 6 months prior to laser treatment.
- Avoid any irritants to your skin, such as any products containing retinol for 1 week before your treatment.
- If you have received dermal filler treatments or Botox™ injections, wait at least 2 weeks before having any laser treatment.
- Although this treatment is not targeted for hair removal, please be advised that hair removal/reduction may occur as a result of these treatments.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage.
- Bruising, redness, and swelling may occur and resolve with time.
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days post-treatment. This includes products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Multiple treatments are required.
- Notify the clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- If crusting develops, it should be allowed to fall off naturally (no picking).
- You may take Tylenol as needed for discomfort or apply ice.
- A post-procedure moisturizer and sunscreen is recommended and available for purchase.
When can I expect to see results?
- The clinical result, as well as the optimal number of treatments, varies from one individual to another, but it is typical for results to become visible before the third treatment.
- The general condition of the skin (elasticity, tonicity) should improve as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
- Treatments are provided at 2 – 4 week intervals depending on skin condition.
- A maintenance treatment is needed to maintain the improvement.
How long do the results last?
Although this long-lasting treatment can make the skin look better, it cannot stop future aging. Avoiding sun exposure and protecting one’s skin with the daily application of a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater is therefore important and will help prevent future sun damage.
Depending on the severity of the issue, being treated for 4 to 6 treatments, at 2 weeks intervals will typically be necessary to achieve the greatest results. Patients often see some improvement within 1 treatment, but full results might not be visible for at least 4-6 treatments.
How Much Does Laser Genesis Cost?
The price of Laser Genesis Treatment varies widely depending on multiple factors, including the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results and the cosmetic or medical concerns you want to address. Contact us today and we’ll discuss what’s best for you and how much it will cost.
Schedule a Consultation
Please contact us today if you have any questions about Laser Genesis in the East Bay Area or if you would like to schedule a consultation at BlossomMD. We will build the ideal treatment plan for you in order to help you achieve smoother, more radiant skin.
“The staff is very friendly, honest and very welcoming.
I had the most amazing experience. This is a very beautiful and clean spa place.”
Here at BlossomMD, we work to ensure all of your questions are answered so you can achieve your desired looks. See below to view some of testimonials our clients shared about how BlossomMD helped them.read more