Dermal FillerConveniently located to serve San Ramon, Pleasanton, and surrounding areas
At BlossomMD, we offer dermal fillers in San Ramon as a way to combat the common signs of facial aging and address the specific aesthetic issues that our patients have. Dermal fillers offer a simple, fast, and effective way to rejuvenate the appearance of the face without surgery.
What Is a Dermal Filler?
In this treatment, dermal fillers are injected into areas to replace lost volume and revitalize the skin. There are several types of fillers that are available in this market. Each of the fillers is made to treat specific areas. The filler chosen is based on which area is being treated.
Fillers are popular to fill in lines, to be used as a lip filler, and to give extra added contouring to the face, providing the youthful look that you desire.
I really had a wonderful experience with Demi and Frances the Nurse Practitioner. I really felt at ease with their team as they really took the time to understand how I really felt about my personal beauty. What I love the most is that they truly focus on skin health. Before I got Botox and Juviderm from Frances, Demi spent 2 months doing 4 HydraFacials treatments and 2 microneedling treatments with the nurse. I learned so much about how skin works and how to maintain it. I highly recommend Blossom MD and their staff.
Read More Testimonials
What Do Dermal Fillers Do?
Dermal fillers are used to treat and improve the appearance of multiple areas of the face like the cheeks, lips, around the mouth, and underneath the eyes. Dermal fillers are commonly used for:
- Fine lines
- Plumping lips
- Nose enhancement
- Cheekbone enhancement
- Jawline enhancement
Variety Of Fillers That We Use
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC – This is a dermal filler used to restore volume to the cheeks and mid-face region after they have become gaunt and hollow. It gives the cheekbones a desirable curve. VOLUMA® XC contains lidocaine, a numbing agent that helps to avoid any pain or discomfort that would
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC – This injectable is used to correct moderate or severe facial folds, fine lines, and wrinkles, including marionette lines and the nasolabial folds. Lines like these are much more difficult to fill using other dermal fillers. VOLLURE™ XC is meant for use in adults 21 years old and above. Results of this dermal filler typically last for 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC – This is a much thicker dermal filler that can be used to add volume to the face. It is specifically used for augmentation of the lips and gives excellent results to patients with thin lips. Results can last for up to 12 months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC – This dermal filler helps to treat wrinkles in the face and add volume to the lips. The results of this treatment can last up to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC – This lip filler is specialized to plump the lips and to smooth out perioral lines (also called lipstick lines or smoker’s lines) around the lips. VOLBELLA® XC creates a fuller and more defined appearance for the lips. It can be used for patients ages 21 and up. It produces natural-looking results that can last for up to 1 year.
- BELOTERO BALANCE® – This dermal filler contains hyaluronic acid, which integrates into the skin tissue of the face. It can smooth out moderate and severe lines and wrinkles on the face. Results from the treatment usually last for up to 6 months.
- PRP Fillers – These injectable treatments are formulated using a small amount of a patient’s own blood. They contain growth factors and can fill a variety of lines and wrinkles.
Our experts can recommend the filler that is best for you during a consultation.
The Science Behind Dermal Fillers
As we age, our skin’s supply of hyaluronic acid naturally depletes. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that bonds with water molecules in order to create and maintain moisture and volume in the skin. As it depletes, moderate and harsh age lines form in several parts of the face.
Dermal fillers restore skin volume in a number of ways. Hyaluronic acid fillers like JUVÉDERM and BELOTERO BALANCE are used to supplement the skin’s dwindling level of hyaluronic acid.
PRP fillers are composed of a different substance: platelet-rich plasma from the patient’s own body. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) contains several growth factors, which cause the body to rejuvenate its cells. During treatment, a small amount of blood is drawn and then placed in a centrifuge, where the platelets and the plasma are separated out. These are combined and then injected into wrinkles to smooth them away.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dermal Filler Injections?
Ideal candidates for injectable dermal filler treatments are patients who are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding. Patients who do not have active skin infections in the treatment area are also good candidates. If you have an active skin infection, this must be resolved before treatment.
Additionally, good candidates have realistic expectations regarding their dermal filler results. It is recommended that patients look at our dermal filler before and after photos in order to gain a better understanding of what fillers can do for them.
How Long Does It Take?
Treatment length varies by client based on the amount of areas being treated, the specific aesthetic flaws being addressed, and the amount of product needed to attain the desired results. The average treatment time, including consultation, is approximately 60 minutes.
Is It Painful?
Pain tolerance levels vary by client, but most say this treatment feels like a minor pinch to the skin. The doctor will apply topical numbing cream to sensitive areas to minimize pain and maximize comfort.
Additionally, the Juvederm XC line of products contain a local anesthetic called lidocaine to minimize any discomfort during the injection process.
No recovery or downtime is typically required after a dermal filler injection treatment. Because of this, fillers are more convenient than surgical solutions, which often require weeks of downtime.
Guidelines for post-treatment care:
- For best results, do not touch, rub or manipulate the treated area for 1 to 4 hours after the injection.
- Avoid laying down for 4 to 6 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid vigorous activity or exercise.
- Avoid facial or chemical peel for 7 to 14 days.
- Apply sunscreen and avoid direct sunscreen.
When Can I Expect To See Results?
You will see some results right after the injection process. Some dermal fillers continue to provide results over time as they may stimulate collagen production and help with moisture retention. The doctor will hand you a mirror so you can see the results yourself and discuss with the doctor any further results you would like to achieve.
How Long Do The Results Last?
Results may last from 6 to 18 months, or longer. Results vary from client to client based on factors like the area of treatment and type of dermal filler used. The material gradually breaks down and the body naturally absorbs the particles. Follow up treatments are recommended for continued results.
Dermal fillers can also be combined with other treatments, like Botox injections, for more comprehensive results.
How Much Do Dermal Fillers Cost?
The price of your dermal filler treatment depends on a number of factors. Dermal filler cost will vary based on client needs, area of treatment, and types of fillers used.
Schedule a Consultation
For further information regarding dermal fillers in San Ramon, please contact Blossom MD and schedule a consultation. We can address any question or concerns you may have and help you find the dermal filler that will provide you with your ideal results.
“The staff is very friendly, honest and very welcoming.
I had the most amazing experience. This is a very beautiful and clean spa place.”
Here at BlossomMD, we work to ensure all of your questions are answered so you can achieve your desired looks. See below to view some of testimonials our clients shared about how BlossomMD helped them.read more