Conveniently located to serve San Ramon and Pleasanton
What Is PDO Thread And What Does It Do?
Known as a non-surgical facelift, PDO Thread, or PDO Threadlift, is a minimally invasive treatment that provides your skin with a subtle upward lift so your skin is allowed to tighten, thus countering the effects of aging skin and wrinkles usually around the cheeks, jowls or neck. A popular application is applying PDO Threads to slightly roll your lips for a natural plump so your lips looking slightly thicker appearance.
PDO stands for polydioxanone, which is a synthetic absorbable surgical suture, proven to be one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body. PDO has been used successfully for decades for suturing incisions after medical procedures. This polymer is perfectly flexible for thread lifts. PDO threads are used to enhance the appearances of the area treated and encourages natural production of collagen.
PDO threads can very effectively:
- Improve the quality of the skin
- Redefine the contour of the face
- Reduce roundness and wrinkles
- Lift sagging skin in the cheeks, jowls and neck.
- Enhance the volume of the lips
- Stimulate collagen production
Looove this MedSpa! I originally went in for microblading with Demi last year and since then I have gotten microneedling done and PDO threads. The nurse Michelle is great as well Dr. Abrass!! With all the video conferences at home these days, I feel like I’m confident and just ready to go without needing to spend all this time putting on my makeup. I’m pretty much just hanging out at home with my 2 boys and hubby so it’s easier. I referred a few friends so far and will continue to do so. Great experience and highly recommend blossom.
Read More Testimonials
How Does It Work?
A PDO thread lift session lifts facial features while stimulating new collagen protein production in the treated areas, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. A PDO thread lift mechanically lifts the skin, resulting in contraction of the fat tissue. This process tightens the skin instantly. Along with collagen production, it promotes neovascularization of the skin on a cellular level.
An Effective Facelift Alternative
Thread lifts have gained popularity as a less invasive alternative to facelift surgery. They are perfect for people who prefer to avoid undergoing a more aggressively invasive treatment. This allows PDO threadlift patients to avoid weeks of frustrating and painful downtime or recovery time.
The effects of a thread lift treatment are less dramatic compared to a facelift treatment, making for a subtler type of rejuvenation. Unlike a facelift, the thread lift naturally enhances the skin’s collagen production, creating results that improve gradually with time.
Areas That Can Be Treated
The areas that people mostly choose for a thread lift include:
- Undereye area
- Brow line
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
Before the procedure, you will be asked to lie down where the treatment will be taking place. To prepare for the surgery, alcohol and an anesthetic will be applied to your skin.
A thin needle is then used to place the threads under your skin. This process might take 30-40 minutes. Once the threads are placed under the skin, you may feel tightening or pressure underneath the skin. The threads are manipulated to lift the tissues of the region. To complete the procedure, the needle is then taken out.
How Long Does It Take?
The treatment time can vary from 20 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the area treated. The key to success is to openly communicate with our medical team and beauty consultants to make sure that you are a great fit for PDO Threads. Setting the right expectations as well as proper post-care is very important to your long term outcome. Our mission is to make sure you look and feel confident, both on the inside and out.
Is It Painful?
We do believe everyone has different pain tolerance. We will make sure that you are comfortable with the treatment. But the majority of the clients say Thread-Lift treatment is virtually pain-free. Threads are loaded in very fine needles, making implantation virtually painless. Also since there is no incision or stitches, scarring is virtually eliminated.
After The Treatment
Please do not touch treated areas for 4 hours after the treatment.
Please avoid sleeping on treated areas until redness or swelling is gone.
Please do not plan any facial treatments after 3-4 weeks after treatment.
Avoid strenuous exercise and warming of your face 7-10 days.
Laser treatments might break new collagen, which has been stimulated after the PDO Threads treatment, so please do not plan any laser treatments to these treated areas for the next 4 weeks.
There is potential for swelling, redness and bruising. But this will subside after a few days. However, you will be able to resume normal everyday activities in just a couple of days following the treatment. Also, Vitamin C assists in collagen production. We advise taking vitamin C supplements pre and post-treatment.
When I Will See Result & How Long Does The Result Last?
You will see the result immediately after the treatment, with a visible lift and textural improvement. The result will continue to improve over 3 months or so as new collagen forms around and between threads and providing further lifting and tightening. The threads are safely absorbed within 4 to 6 months. By month 7, the collagen present in the treated area increases by 100%.
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost will vary depends on the area of treatment. Please contact us anytime with your specific inquiry and we will be able to answer you a quote prior to your appointment. Also please don’t forget to ask about any promotions we are running.
A PDO thread lift is a minimally invasive procedure and doesn’t require a lot of precautions. However, you can take some measures to ensure most effective results from the procedure. These are the things you should avoid before a thread lift:
✓ Aspirin, Vitamin E – avoid for 10 days.
✓ NSAIDS nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – avoid for 7 days.
✓ Alcohol – avoid 3 days prior to procedure.
✓ Omega Fish Oil supplements – avoid for 2 days.
✓ Workouts and saunas – avoid for 2 days.
✓ Ginko – avoid for 2 days.
✓ Please arrive with a ‘clean face’ – no makeup!
- Immune system diseases.
- Coagulation diseases.
- Cutaneous Neurofibromatosis.
- Various acute infectious diseases. (i.e., Influenza, etc.)
- Inflammation of the skin in areas to be treated.
- A non-absorbable implant (Silicone) in the zone of thread insertion.
- Oncology (Chemotherapy).
- Tendency toward Keloid Scarring.
- Bleeding Disorders and some diseases of the blood.
- Neurotic Psychological Disorders.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Effects should be noticeable immediately after treatment. However, maximum effect will occur in 4-6weeks.
- Bruising and swelling is normal and expected. If bruising is visible you can take oral Arnica or apply topical Arnica gel or Cearna Arnica patches to areas that are discolored.
- Asymmetry and irregularity of the tissue are common and will typically resolve in 1-2 weeks.
- Pain at the insertion points is normal and may last several days after treatment. Please consult your provider for any pain beyond 2 weeks.
- Excessive movement or animation of the area injected for 2 weeks.
- Massage or manipulation of the tissue for 2 weeks.
- Aesthetic treatments including RF, IPL, Laser, or microneedling for 4 weeks.
- Strenuous exercise for 1 week after facial treatments and for 2 weeks after body
treatments. No deep squats for one month if you have had any threads injected into
the buttocks area.
- Steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, or any water source that could be unclean or excessive in temperature for 2 weeks.
- Taking Ibuprofen for 2 weeks. Acetaminophen may be taken instead, if needed.
WHEN TO CALL:
- If any of the threads are exposed or start to extrude.
- If you develop a reddened, hard, painful nodule over one or more of the threads.
- If you experience increased redness, swelling, or pain at the insertion site.
- Irregularity or visible ridges (buckling) of threads (2 weeks post-treatment).
- If you have any questions regarding your treatment.
Please Note: To increase the rate of healing time and decrease swelling and bruising, your provider may encourage you to take oral antihistamines (Zyrtec, Benadryl) and histamine blockers (Zantac, Prilosec, Tagamet).
“The staff is very friendly, honest and very welcoming.
I had the most amazing experience. This is a very beautiful and clean spa place.”
Here at BlossomMD, we work to ensure all of your questions are answered so you can achieve your desired looks. See below to view some of testimonials our clients shared about how BlossomMD helped them.read more