The Importance of After Care
5 Steps of After Care for Botox and Dermal Filler Beauty Injection Treatments
What you do following your Botox or Dermal Filler treatments has an impact on your long term outcome. Of course, you want your time and effort to have been well spent, so the aftercare choices you make are very important.
- It is crucial that you not touch, rub or manipulate the treated area for at least 2 to 4 hours following your beauty treatment injection. It is common to want to touch or feel the treated area, to judge your results, but it is important to resist this impulse. Leaving the area alone allows optimum healing and the best results.
- During this 2 to 4 hour time following your beauty treatment injection, it is also best to remain in a standing or seated position. Please do not lay down for this period of time. Remaining upright also allows for optimal ultimate results.
- Another step you can take to impact positive results is to actively contract the treated muscles. Doing facial exercises following your treatment can allow the beauty treatment injection to reduce the look of your fine lines and wrinkles faster.
- Avoiding chemical peels or facials for 7 to 14 days is also advised in some cases. Please speak to your Medical Beauty Expert for advice relevant to your individual circumstance.
- Above all in importance, is a long term, consistent skincare regime. Always apply a good quality sunscreen, avoid direct sun exposure whenever possible and stay well hydrated!